And finally, almost seven months after Gustav, the roof has been repaired. Four days of pounding and grinding. No way would I ever climb to the top of our roof. Too steep. And like everyone else around here, we have that dreaded black fungus. Excuse me--had. The new roof has a guarantee against it. The damage was on the back of the house. The good news is that hurricane season starts again two months from today. Now to get the hole in the ceiling repaired.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
It was bad enough that I spent most of the last two weeks removing more stitches than I sewed. Guess all stitchers go through bad patches like that. It was a way of filling my jar for the Totally Useless Sal! Worse disaster struck on Monday. I was enjoying my latest addiction: Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. I sat the can on the table right next to my latest Jane Austen sampler (from Sampler Girl). Yep! Old Nimble Fingers knocked it over. Right on to the sampler. Well, no way I was going to throw it away: too much time, too much money. SOoooooo. I got creative. I blotched in some more Dr. Pepper. Let it dry. Then put the entire piece into tea. It evened out pretty well. The after photo is not particularly great. I took the picture with the towel still under it and there's pink on it and it's casting some shadows. I had already planned to finish it as a wall hanging instead of framing it, so things will work out okay. I'll post a picture-probably next week-of the finished project. I suppose the next disaster will be to sew my finger to some fabric with the sewing machine. But Lord, please let it be after the Easter music!!