Saturday, March 14, 2009

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

I'm in the middle of one of those series of sleepless nights that I go through every now and then. So here it is, 10:30 at night and and EARLY service lookin' at me in the face in the morning. So, what does an intelligent person do? Instead of counting sheep, reading her Bible, doing her cross stitch? She plays on the computer!

If I don't turn it in soon I will be the Ghost of Christmas Past in the morning. And I'm not a morning person anyway.

It was a nice evening. Michael came over He's got a promotion (he thinks!) at work. Certainly a raise in pay. He brought his new rod and reel-the first he's ever bought for himself-and says we don't want to know what he paid for it!!! He'.s taken up kayaking. You should see it. And he's been doing a little tournament fishing. That would figure: he's a marine biologist. I can't believe that little strawberry blond that nearly drove me crazy so many years ago now has graying hair and beard. I'm so glad he's ours.

I worked some on the ornament's for Donna's Stitching For A Cure. I'm not really sure when the deadline is, but I'm enjoying doing the ornies. And I hope she raises a bundle for breast cancer.

Might as well through in a recipe. This is one my mother used to make. Along with the Rum Cake, she would bake this one with the boys in tow. It used to make me nuts seeing one or both of them sitting on the kitchen cabinet, pouring ingredients into the mixer bowl. I was just waiting for an accident to happen. If it ever did, no one told me. Good idea!!! Here goes-and it's actually pretty good.

DUMP CAKE

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 small pkg. lemon jello
2/3 C. Wesson oil
2/3 C. warm water
4 eggs
1 tsp. lemon flavoring

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pan. Dump mix into bowl. Mix jello in warm water.
Add to cake mix. Add rest if ingredients and bake for 45 minutes or until done.

Well, that's about it. I'm going to try reading now.



2 comments:

Donna said...

Hope you made it through early service. Thanks for the recipe. I might make that this week since the grandkids are visiting.
The deadline for the ornies is officially mid November, but I am showing the tree for the first time mid October.
Thanks again for your help!

Julie said...

I hope you woke up in time for the service, nothing worse than insomnia!