Monday, September 15, 2008

RAIN AGAIN?

It looks like rain again. I'll know for sure when I hear dripping into the pan in the bedroom next door. We still don't have a tarp. And part of the limb is still sticking from the roof. Oh well, some things I can't fix.

Here's something neat to try. I made it for the first time Saturday night and then made some corrections last night. It has a stange consistancy and isn't very good when it gets cold but is wonderful while hot. It is GREAT served with a little Bluebell vanilla ice cream on top. The second time around I added 1 Tbs. more sugar and a little more vanilla extract. It also occurred to me that Splenda could be substituted very easily. Here goes:

CAKE IN A CUP ( I use a large mug)

Mix: 4 Tbs flour (plain, not SR)
4 Tbs sugar (more is better)
2 Tbs. baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbs milk
3 Tbs oil
Chocolate chips (optional)
A little vanilla extract

Mix dry ingredients and add to mug. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add chips (if using) and the vanilla. Mix again. Put mug into microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug. Don't panic. Let cool a little. Pour onto plate if you desire. This will serve 2 if you want. It is wonderful with vanilla ice cream.

No comments: