Sunday, May 4, 2008


I had a new finish this week. The needlecase and pincushion from Thank You, Sarah Tobias by Blackbird Designs were so fun to do and took very little time. The finishing instructions were so easy-the most difficult part was finding some fabby for the finish. I finally decided on the homespun green check from Hobby Lobby.
The fabric I stitched on was 30 count straw by Weeks and I used Crescent threads as suggested by the designer. I did add some blue because I just thought it needed it. The only drawback to Crescent threads is the color difference between skeins. I finally figured a way to use them to advantage, but not until I was well into the design. I'm running into the same problem as we speak. I'm working on "Daughters of Longbourn" by the Stitching Parlor. When more than one skein is called for I used a skein for a design and another-if there is a major color difference- for another design. It's an expense, but worth it because Crescent colors are so lovely.

I'm settling down for the night because Masterpiece Theater is having the first part of a major production tonight. Cranford starts tonight and I've been anxiously awaiting its start. And starting tonight the productions may be viewed on computer. Hooray!!!! And I'll be the first in line when it's released on DVD.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Oh I love that cushion!!! So pretty :)