Friday, February 4, 2011

TUSAL, FINISH, PROGRESS


Here's this month's collection of orts for the TUSAL. It looks like alot, but the container is small and there are quite a few thread wrappers. Not to forget that I've been inside for many days--the flu and now this dreadful weather.


 A finish--sort of. This is so funny! And believe it or not, I used the wrong threads. I made a trip to my LNS to purchase them, brought them home and put them in the bag with the chart. Somehow I ended up using thread for one of the Salem Sister's charts. Still looks good! Now what to do with it. Knob knocker, pinkeep, cube, frame......

The Creation. Lovin' it! I'm using some Weeks fabby and I  am crazy about it. So easy to stitch on and the color is wonderful. I'm missing one color-3742-and probably have some in a box somewhere. I'll look around today and if I don't find it I'll try to make a run tomorrow. Besides, I think the newest LHN ornie will be ready. What's a few more projects!!



The Family Sampler. Moving right along. John is wearting his LSU colors and Michael sports a red A on his shirt. Linzie is there along with Marley and Annabell. I'm alternating threads on the house, trying to make it look like bricks.





So here we are. Freezing cold, but supposed to be in the 60's by the weekend. Then another cold spell. I hope it's a little warmer tomorrow. I need to purchase a thread for the Creation and just generally get out of the house. Hope all my buddies in Alabama are surviving okay. We need to make a trip up to check on family but don't want to run into any more bad weather!

A belated Happy Birthday to Donna. Not everyday a girl turns 50. Unfortunately, I don't remember being 50. My Minister of Music turns 45 this week. It occurred to me that I'm old enough to be his mother......

10 comments:

the striped rose said...

Congratulation on your progress. Too bad about the flu - glad you were able to stitch.

Babs in Alabama said...

This buddie in Alabama is ok. I talked to my friend in Denham Springs this morning and they have ice and her hubby got the day off because of it I think.
We have more snow coming this evening but barely any left from yesterday's.
Going to love Creation and love the witchy piece :)
babs

Mary said...

Love the finish!

I can't wait to see more of "The Creation". I really, really want this chart. Haven't been out in a while to look for it, though. It's so pretty.

Stay in, stay warm, and keep stitching!

Alice said...

You are making definite progress! Looks good. I love the Witches piece... Indeed, one or two live at my house! Stay warm and safe.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The flu that has been going around has been brutal. I'm over the weather and I live in Florida. Those of you who live in colder climates must be beyond finished with winter.

I love how you personalized the clothing in your Family Sampler!

Donna said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. This has been a birthday to remember! Ice, then 12 hour power outages, 23 degree weather, now 4 inches of snow! But I wouldn't trade the experience of turning 50 for anything.
Your stitching is just wonderful. I think the witch piece should be a door knocker. I know there are times that should hang on my front door just to give warning!

FancyHorse said...

Way down here on the coast this Alabama gal is chilly but no ice or snow. I hear they have it in B'ham, though.

Daffycat said...

A lovely TU update!

You liked the pinkeep in my TUSAL photo? It was an RAK, seen here in this post:

http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2010/09/gasp-pant-sigh.html

I know this is a freebie pattern but I'm not sure where...maybe you could find out from Patty?

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - awesome progress on all of them! Hope you're better soon!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching looks great and none the wiser on the fiber mishap!