Sunday, July 25, 2010

Well, we slipped by again. Bonnie fizzled out. I hear a little thunder right now, but that's about it. I shouldn't say too much because we're cruising right into prime hurricane season. After Katrina and Gustav, everyone takes every warning seriosly, believe me. And with the oil spill our trouble is a little more scarier. Yesterday I had visions of tar balls in my yard.

On  to stitchy stuff. Speaking of hurricanes.........this little project is one that took forever. Don't remember when I started it, but I finished it in 2008. I ordered the frame a month or so ago and finally got it framed and hung.  If you look closely in the upper left hand corner and the lower left corner you will see what I was stitching on on three certain days: Katrina, Gustav and Ike.  I just figured someday my grandchildren would appreciate it!  Rita isn't on here because when she hit, I was sitting in an airplane on the tarmac at the Baton Rouge airport. My friend Laura and I had been to London for two weeks. We actually had to fly home a day early just to get home. Airports were closing all around us. We missed tea at Windsor and I really wish we had been able to do that. We were going to take the train from Victoria Station, go thru all the lovely countryside, pass a visit, and come home that afternoon. Instead we were flying to Newark, NJ, trying to get home before everything shut down. That plane SHOOK from side to side. Thank goodness we were on the ground. A lot of planes bound for nearby cities were re-routed thru BR. We were scheduled to land here, but it was first come, first served. We had to wait in line--a long one--to roll into the terminal. PTL we weren't in the air when she actually hit.



I just accidentally deleted another project!!! I'll pick it back up later. It was another old thingy I finally framed. Long fingernails!!

Well, for some Linzie stuff. Michael was here toward the middle of the week. He and the little princess had some quality play time---until he picked up her little fox. Then we found out not only how strong she was, but how possessive.

My two youngest children. What a pair!




10 comments:

Donna said...

I think all of us have some stitching that is actually a part of history. Thank you for sharing that piece. And the puppy, well, she is just so cute!

Katrina said...

Glad the hurricane fizzled out!!!! Love your finish :-). My Chloe does that hanging on thing too, you can carry her around like that, LOL.

Ann said...

It's a beautiful piece, and I love the way you 'personalized' it with the storm info!

Alice said...

Goodness that is a funny picture of Linzie! My Grace Kelly is similarly possessive of her squeaky squirrel, but I wouldn't be able to say if she would hang on like Linzie does.... Grace is a pretty tall dog and I am a pretty short lady... I don't think I could hold the squirrel high enough to get her off the ground. I have my fingers crossed about this hurricane season.

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely picture framed! Cute pic of your little Linzie!

Jan said...

That is a neat thing to do, record the history while stitching on a sampler! Beautiful finish! Cute pup, love the photo of your two youngest!!

Julie said...

Beautiful stitching and framed so lovely

Cute pic of Linzie and the fox thief LOL

FancyHorse said...

Yes, August and September are usually the worst months for hurricanes. I hope the forecasters last spring were wrong. I'm glad Colin is headed up the Atlantic; I hope it causes no harm to anyone.

La Petite Gallery said...

I have always wanted to crochet. You sound like a very busy lady.
Got a recipe for Gumbo??

yvonne
How I miss New orleans.

FancyHorse said...

You haven't blogged in forever! I know you're busy - I see you on Facebook.