Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NEW MERCIES, NEW CHART


I was visiting my LNS, Cross Stitch Corner, this morning and found this chart. It's by Tree of Life Samplings and is called "New Mercies". "Great is Thy Faithfulness" is my favorite hymn and this is part of the chorus. Needless to say, it came home with me. It's done on small count fabric-the model is on 40 ct.- but I'll probably go with 32 or 36 (old eyes). Gentle Arts threads.

I visited her blog and she has another called "The Sparrow". It's a tribute to that great hymn, so I guess it will become mine, too.

I've finished two LHN ornies but haven't taken a picture. I'll get to it in a couple of days and post them.

My baby son Michael was 36 on Sunday.  Happy Birthday and I love you!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Love this design...thanks for sharing ( I think!).

Donna said...

Very nice!

Julie said...

A lovely design, i agree its a lovely hymn, i remember singing it so often when in school, you know what tune will be going round in my head today now LOL

Alice said...

That is a cute design. I love the little cat at the bottom of the hill.

Carolyn NC said...

I adore all of Jan's charts - can't wait to see this one unfold!

Siobhán said...

Happy birthday to your son! I like your new stash. Jan does beautiful designs!