Thursday, March 18, 2010

A MILLION THANKS, DONNA!



I love awards and she has presented me with this one. Tickles me to death, especially since I'm not feeling my
best. Louisiana Crud. One of the requirements is that I choose 10 blogging friends to send it on to. Well, I can't  choose. I love them all: Ann, Elisa, Julie, Siobhan, Edgar and on and on. So.....all you guys take this for yourselves. You all deserve it. Now for 10 things about me you may not know:

1. I used to have red hair. Now it's not a  very becoming shade of gray, so I dip into the old Loving Care.

2. I've played the piano for 58 years. Started lessons at the age of 5. I'm actually trained as an organist, but my church doesn't have one. So I play keyboard. And am getting ready to retire. I played in church for the first time when I was 12. I still have the piece of music.

3.  I am an only child. And none of those comments about being spoiled.

4. I've had a needle in my hand since I was a small child. Used to make doll clothes from old scraps. And I made paper dolls from the Sears catalog.

5. Although my boys have the same parents, they are totally different in looks. John is fair with blue eyes and Michael has dark hair and brown eyes. Once had a bank teller asked me if they had the same father. I told her I THOUGHT so. Stupid question.

6. Like Donna I'm into smalls. And word trees. I do have a couple large projects started and am waiting for the fabric to get here for Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. Not that I've finished the other two.

7.  The only thing I really want right now is a puppy. A Shih Tsu. My sweet little Rose left me over a year ago and I'm ready now to add to the family. I miss the companionship and I envy Siobhan her Duffy.

8. Like most of the members of my mother's family, I have heart disease. I take my meds like a good girl, but at my age I've decided I'll live my life the way I want to, eat what I want, and if I decide to do so, will sit on my fat butt all day stitching.

9. I'm a complete washout working with children. But truly love working with Senior Adults. I go to Sunrise Assisted Living every Thursday and sing with the residents and have an all around good time. One of the guys does an imitation of Elvis. Too cute!

10. London is my favorite city. If I could, I'd hop a plane and be on my way! I love the Abbey, St. Paul's, the Buck (last visit over I took a tour of it. Didn't see the queen, though). I love everything about England. And my favorite historical person, the one I admire most, is Elizabeth I.

Well, that's it. I feel a bit narcissistic! But anyway, thanks Donna!

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope you feel better! Congrats on the award and I love learning a bit more about you.

DeniseinVA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeniseinVA said...

Congratulations on your award, it is well deserved. I've enjoyed visiting here and I love to read anything like this. Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself and that was my deleted comment above. Sorry about that. I should really read before I push that button.

Marguerite said...

Congrats on your award, Marian! Enjoyed reading your list. Have a happy Spring and get well soon!

Alice said...

Congratulations on your award, you do have a great blog. I loved reading your 10 things. Have you read that Allison Weir book on Elizabeth I? It is very good.

Siobhán said...

I enjoyed reading about you! I can't believe the bank teller asking if your kids had the same father. Oh my gosh!! What cheek. I hope you do get your pup!

Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

Some interesting facts about you.

hope you are soon feeling much better