Thursday, January 7, 2010

GOIN' FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!




This is it, folks! In three hours Alabama will be playing Texas for the National Championship in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl. Needless to say, we are a bundle of nerves here. It was unexpected for us to do this well this year, but here we are. The best of luck to both teams, but the best team-mine- will win.

I have a huge bet going with Donna. I'm gonna love using that fabby. If I should lose-not- she'll get a goodie bag of stitchy stuff from Diane's at Cross Stitch Corner.

We getting the food ready: Louisiana boiled shrimp, Sister Schubert's rolls (lots of them), lemon pie. Appetites are not really big right now, but will pick up as nerves hit real high.

 David bought a new hi def tv yesterday so we'll be watching in style. Josh Groban is singing the National Anthem. So.............let the game begin.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
BEAT THE LONGHORNS

5 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Oh my, your spread sounds wonderful. Guess I'll just settle for a bag of popcorn. I love Nick Saban as a coach, but live in the Big 12. So, I am terribly torn on who to cheer for. I'll probably just watch the game as a unbiased spectator.

D said...

RRRRROOOLLLLLLLL TIDE!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Sounds like a wonderful night! I know my husband is glued to the tv as is my dad. Dad is surely wearing his new coaches jersey and hat we got himn for Christmas. At 77, I think he deserves to see his team win!

Aren't Sister Schuberts rolls the best?

Donna said...

May the best team win! I want a piece of that pie!

Alice said...

Well Congratulations! I just heard that they won. At least that's what I think I heard at 5 am. I hope you loved every minute of the game.