Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Well, here I sit on my fat backside, not doing much of nothing and am watching "Tora,Tora,Tora". Love that grammar! I'm stitching on and off and am really enjoying the Marty Bell project.
Sometimes it seems to be going slowly then, at times, I can see progress. I'll take a photo in the next couple of days. I'm also getting ready to start another large piece called "Summer Ball". I'm going to do it on aida, also, like the MB. Less confusing and easier on my eyes. Just a few more skeins of thread to collect.

I have two pieces framed but haven't hung them yet. "Quaker Christmas" is sitting on the mantle in my bathroom-I originally did the piece to hang there-but am still not sure that will be it's final home. I also framed a little piece.I don't have the chart handy, but it's the one about what your hands find to do. I'll get photos of them, too.

The ceiling is finished and the bedroom is back together, so hubby decided we should shampoo the carpets on that side of the house. Guess what that involved! There's one bedroom and the hall left to do, but I have to say he did a great job. I got to clean the rooms beforehand and put them back together afterwards.

I spent yesterday glued to the TV. I wasn't going to do it, but we both ended up watching the festivities from LA. David watched about half of it and then left. I actually thought it was pretty good, so I stayed until the end. I wasn't a fan of Michael Jackson but I recognize his talent. I am so sorry he never had a childhood or an adulthood. He lived in Neverland and will be there forever now. I wish the best for his three kids. His daughter almost ripped my heart out yesterday. And what his brother Jermaine did had to be so very difficult. God bless them all.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I was not a fan of Michael either, but i agree some of his music was inspiring.

Looking forward to seeing your new project

Pauline said...

Watched part of it here in Adelaide, it reimded me of just how talented he was. It makes for a nice memory rather than all the controversy of the last decade or so...

My heart goes out to his (and any) children who lose a parent at a young age.

Carolyn NC said...

Where are the pictures??? We're greedy souls that want to see your progress....sounds like you've been keeping busy.

Marguerite said...

Sounds like you're getting a lot done and keeping busy with your home and projects. Can't wait to see the pictures, either!

Jan said...

Marianne, you have been busy! Looking forward to seeing pictures soon!

Yoyo said...

I hope to see a picture of your Marty Bell soon. I have a small design very much like the one you are doing but I don't think it's MB. I forgot to stop by last week and let you know I left a surprise for you on my last blog post. Hope you like it.