Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This weekend we went to Houston to visit John and his family. I do like Houston, especially HEB ! But I think I've said that before. I came home with some wonderful hand-milled lavender soap and some Mexican spices to use when (!) I cook.

On Saturday, we traveled south to John's company's fishing and hunting camp. The house was a little bit of a shock on the outside but was really nice on the inside. I guess it has something to do with the way men live when they're on the hunt! Everyone fished but me, of course. My skin burns so quickly so I stayed inside-where it was cool- and read a little and worked on LNS's Home of a Needleworker.

The kids are growing so fast. And John actually has gray hair in his beard. He'll be 40 next year. Michael is graying, also. I don't really think I will as long as there's hair dye!

Anyway, here are some snaps from the weekend.


The camp
David, John, Bradley and Ann

Michael, The Big Fisherman!

Bradley's SMALL catch

Michael and my fourth grandchild, Annabell

Bradley and Grace

Ann
The four kids at play
It was a great way to spend a weekend. Hummmm........I wonder how I can get David to move????





4 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I love the pics!

Lisa said...

Looks like it was a wonderful weekend! I love the look of the camp...looks like ALL the KIDS had an awesome time too (and you got some time to stitch!).
Enjoy
Lisa

Siobhán said...

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Beautiful family. :)

Julie said...

What super pics, looks like a fun filled family weekend, you have a lovely family.