Saturday, May 9, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies out there! I know it's a day early, but hopefully I will be spending tomorrow playing at church, visiting my family and generally enjoying the day. Tomorrow will be back on schedule after three Sundays away from the keyboard. I did spend most of this week playing for a revival in Sorrento, LA. I was joining friend Phillip Willis in doing the music for this wonderful little church. The members were all so gracious and the food was fantastic: crawfish etouffee, jambalaya and fried fish (not all at the same time!! On different nights). And Phillip flew out of Baton Rouge on a 6:30 AM flight, headed eventually for Vermont to bring music to churches there.

I have some new charts. I'm trying to stitch smaller things now. Things I can finish quickly and finish myself, if I can. Here's a look at some of them.

The first is a little chart from The Sampler Girl. It's eventually going to be a knob knocker for me and framed as a picture as a Christmas present (hint: my granddaughter is named Grace). Or it may be a knob knocker instead of a picture....

These three are from Little House Needleworks. The first I finished this week and is at the framers.

This is to be a companion piece to the sampler above.


I don't know where this one will go. Maybe on a bookself or the mantle in the den.


So......again I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. May it be peaceful and s great fellowship day for your families.


5 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Mother's Day to you also. I am back online now, complete with new computer.
You have lots of stitching to do. I can't wait to see it all done!

Pauline said...

Hsppy Mother's Day too! I love your choice of charts to stitch next, it inspires me to do some stitching of my own!

Siobhán said...

Love your new stash! I hope you have a blessed Mother's Day.

Julie said...

Happy Mothers Day to your Marian, sending lots of special wishes your way.

A lovely selection of new charts.

Linda said...

Beautiful needlework, Marian. it's not something I learned as a child, but it must be so satisfying to make these lovely things.
Happy Mother's Day from Scotland!