Monday, November 10, 2008

BAD COLD!!


I had a good time at church today. Since I spend most of service time on the platform my hounds tooth scarf and red dress were obvious!!!! The LSU fans were nice. They all know I would have worn the same thing if we had lost. Win or lose, they're my team.


One of the guys said that, since we'd beaten LSU, we were now expected to beat Florida in the SEC Championship. We'll try, but it will be difficult. Then again, I half expected LSU to beat us.
These people think we stole their coach. Not true. He left LSU for the Miami Dolphins (pro team), didn't like it, and accepted our offer when we made it. He's a darn good coach. Who would have ever thought we'd end up No.1. We're going to enjoy it while we can.



We can't go home for next week's game. It's at 6:45PM and that would mean no church on Sunday and we both feel, that since it's special service all day, we need to be here. Don't worry. I'm not that nice. I have a BIG guilt complex!!!! But I guar-an-tee you I will be sitting in Bryant-Denny Stadium for the Auburn game. This is one of the biggest rivalries in the South--no, make that "nation". For those who don't know--not that it matters that much--David and I were born and raised in Tuscaloosa, one son was born there and the other in Birmingham. We bleed crimson......


I'm sitting here with a gimoungous cold. I'm sure I picked it up working the polls on Tuesday. I do the book, which means I'm exchanging my pen with people all day. Still, it's cool to get to see neighbors and friends. But I don't think it was worth the cold.
Photo from Tuscaloosa News

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hope you feel better soon.