Thursday, July 19, 2012

HOW ABOUT A GREAT RECIPE?

This is one I found on Pinterest and have  used several times.  It is delicious. And from now on I'm going to cook my pasta in stock, no matter what I'm cooking it for.

I don't know the author of the original recipe, but thanks a bunch, whomever you are.   Here goes:






CREAMY GARLIC PASTA

2 tsp olive oil      4 cloves garlic, minced      2Tbs butter          1/4 tsp salt (I use sea salt)
1/2 tsp pepper ( I use fresh ground)   3 C. chicken stock       1/2 lb. angel hair pasta
1 C, grated Parmesan cheese     2 Tsp. fresh chopped parsley        3/4 C. heavy cream

Bring olive oil to low heat. Add garlic and stir. Don't let it get too hot or it will jump out of the pan!! Cook a couple of minutes.

Mix in butter until melted. Add salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise heat to high and let it come to a boil.

Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reduce heat to medium and add Parmesan. Stir until completely melted.

Turn off heat and stir in cream and parsley. Serve immediately.

This is good with a little chicken added. Shrimp, also.  And whatever is left, heats very well on low in a microwave.

It's great with a glass of Ruffino Orvieto, which is my favorite white wine.

No comments: