Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THIS AND THAT......


I've not been too good about writing on my blog lately. Lots of reading, lots of stitching! The books we'll leave for another day-perhaps tomorrow. I've enjoyed a couple of Jane Austen sequels and I'll tell you about them later.

First comes the TUSal. The colors this month are quite bright. And there's a couple of broken needles, price tags and floss labels.

Now for a look at my little girlfriend, Giselle. She visits just about every day, sometimes all day long. She has her own bed, as you can see. She's a little love. And always returns to her "real" home at night. A big thanks to my neighbors for sharing her with me.



Tomorrow is the wearin' of the green day.I'm going to wear my green knitted St.Pat's beret. My most memorable St. Pat's was several years ago. We were in New York and, wow!, what a day! The parade, bagpipes, lunch in a real Irish pub, wonderful Irish food and Guiness, which I admit I like. David calls it "motor oil"!  The line down Fifth Avenue is really painted green. The greatest thing was attending Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral. It is a beautiful church anyway, but on this special day there were green carnations everywhere and a most spectacular painting of the saint himself. I do have some Irish roots along with my Scot blood, so it's a special day to me.

One of  my dreams is to be in Dublin for March 17th. One day, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll make it.

4 comments:

FancyHorse said...

I hope you get to. I'm part Scottish, too, from my birth family, and a drop or two of Irish. Of course, you don't need much to wear green on St. Paddy's Day!

Julie said...

Giselle looks so comfy amongst your little bears.

Happy St Patricks Day! i hope you get to go to Ireland one day for the special day

Unknown said...

Nice to see you back on the blog.

Looks like Giselle has more than a few friends to visit.

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Donna said...

Happy Saint Pat's Day! Check out my dwooleybooger blog for a special award!